Thursday, October 1, 2009

Business-to-Business (B2B), Business-to-Consumer (B2C), Business-to-Government (B2G)

Businesses and non-profit organizations have very different roles, each with separate careers and separate jobs.  Research for today's college graduate indicates that each person can expect to have 12 separate careers (and even more jobs).  I have been working for 40 years.  My first ten years were in the U.S. Army.  Since then, my career has largely been in the business-to-business (B2B) and the business-to-government (B2G) arenas.  My teaching experience might be considered business-to-consumer (B2C).

As I became aware of my personal background in each of these three areas, I discovered that I enjoy B2B and B2G more than I do B2C (with the exception of teaching).  My consulting work is largely B2B or B2G.  This also explains, to some extent, while selling things like insurance, securities, or household products has not been something I readily engage in.

Each of these three areas is needed by our society.  Each of us may feel more comfortable in one arena than in another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.