Friday, October 9, 2009

Capitalism: A Love Story by Michael Moore--Good reminders of another perspective on today's economy

I just viewed Michael Moore's newest release, Capitalism: A Love Story.  It provided some documented insight into today's economy and the conflict between "haves" and "have nots" in the United States of America.  Buckminster Fuller, in his 1971 book, Spaceship Earth, tracked the history of this planet in terms of a continuous series of conflicts between "haves" and "have nots."  In every instance in the history of this planet, after the "have nots" got sick and tired of being "have nots," they rose up and displaced the "haves."

From the perspective of this movie, many of the current "haves" are ignoring the possibility that their comfort zones are built on "sand."  The film also gave me a fresh perspective on some business opportunities I have come across recently.  I mentioned some of my concerns and values in previous posts.

One of the benefits of viewing this film is to reaffirm my values and priorities for where I place my energies.  Thank you, Michael, for giving me an experience to tie my personal experiences to and to come up with renewed insights and priorities for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.