Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Courtesy and Respect--Slipping in the Times of Technology?

"Social graces" are often ways to demonstrate respect for one another.  One aspect of social graces in business is to respect the person you are contacting.  Today I had the experience of receiving a voice message from someone asked to contact me because of a posting on the Internet.  The person leaving the voice message did leave an almost unintelligible telephone number and a first name--and nothing more.  I don't know what business he represents or any details of why someone asked him to call me.  In speaking, he was out of breath when he left the phone number and I've relistened to the voice mail four times and am only missing one number.  I should find that tomorrow morning.

To respect me, the person calling needs to tell me what business name they work with and the purpose of their call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.