Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Building on our Past--the Value of Experience

We never know when an opportunity will come forward that our previous experience may be just right for.

Today I came across a business opportunity that was tied directly to my first career, a 10-year career in the U.S. Army.  After I left the Army, while I used the skills and experience gained in that career, I haven't been working in the same areas as I did then.

The business opportunity I came across today was directly linked to this Army experience.  That seems almost amazing.

It is important to remember (and to document) experience because, among other things, we never know when we may need to refer to that experience in the future.  By having the necessary documentation at my fingertips, I was able to take advantage of the business opportunity in ways I would never have been able to do without that background and documentation.

For a sample, read the stories on my website about some interesting experiences.

Amazing, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.