Sunday, October 4, 2009

Using Technology to Influence--A Matter of Timing

Hollywood movies and movie stars had a positive influence on military recruiting efforts at the beginning of World War II.  They were also involved in supporting the troops in the wars and "police actions" following World War II. 

With the advent of the Internet, YouTube and TeacherTube, among other sites, are hosts for a series of video shorts promoting all kinds of things.

Today, Techsmith.com has three great products that I use--SnagIt, Camtasia, and Jing.  I am learning to use these products to produce my own promotional videos

I am now looking at using this technology to introduce new ideas to potential clients and to others so that they can quickly capture the vision of what I am trying to tell them.  I'm still learning how to be effective.  Examples such as Jimmy Stewart's promotional video can give me a good example of what a great video looks like--even with technology from 1942.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.