Monday, April 19, 2010

Editing Blog and Book--Improving Quality as a Process

Much of the day was invested in editing the blog book--and finding edits to make to the blog itself.  As I organize the posts into chapters of related themes and entries, I also find spelling errors, broken links, or omissions where I forgot to complete a thought.

Quality improvement is a process and this one is coming to the forefront because of the need to edit the book.  At the end of the process, both book and blog will be much improved.

As I edit, I revisit the thoughts behind the entries and make new decisions regarding themes and chapters.  The three chapters I worked on today each have about thirty-five pages.  I'll have to decide on the order for the chapters as I have more ready.  At present, it looks as though I'll have about sixteen chapters.

What's amazing is that this book is "already written."  Changing the format will be a definite improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.