Saturday, April 3, 2010

Editing Posts into Book Format--A Challenge

Editing posts into book format is a challenge.  I've been working with Blurb.com's software and, while cumbersome, I'm about 1/8th of the way through my posts.  I have everything copied into Microsoft Word as well, though that appears even harder.

One of the challenges is that the labels (tags, categories) I have included in my blog don't make it into the version used for editing--at least not in the same format.  Microsoft Word captures the html code, though not for printing.

I've edited the first fifty plus posts out of 244.  The page count is already over three-hundred.  I know from reading books that people of my age and beyond need Arial font and 12 point typestyle or higher.  That's what I'm using for the body of the book.

I have to see how to get the book ready for publication at a reasonable cost and availability.  My 95-year-old mother is interested in reading my drafts.  (She read my draft dissertation three times almost 20 years ago.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.