Thursday, March 11, 2010

Networking--Finding People for Jobs and Jobs for People

I received two contacts today from headhunters (recruiters).  One was an e-mail with a position the recruiter thought might be right for me.  The second was a telephone call asking my help in finding someone bilingual in English and French who might be interested in telemarketing for a Canadian technology company.

I network with companies who provide services I endorse (see http://www.joelmonty.net/information_links/information_links.htm).  I decided to add a job board to my joelmonty.wikispaces.com website.

I also went to LinkedIn and joined two groups who may have contacts which could help someone find that job.  For one of the groups I actually posted a link to my job board page.

Why help someone who is looking to find someone a job?  These days, so many people need jobs it only makes sense to help people who are looking to fill jobs.  In fact, people who have a job still may need contacts for a supplementary (or next) job.

I'm still looking for clients and, in the mean time, I'm happy to help others be more successful in their own jobs and in finding jobs for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.