Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blogging--Purpose of this Blog

Someone spoke about my blog this morning and I wanted to think again about its purpose.  One of my goals is to begin publishing books and the discipline of writing a daily blog was intended to be a "baby step" toward publishing--the blog and beyond.

I mention the purpose of this blog in both my first post and in the header that appears with every post (see below).
(Click on the image to see it completely and bigger.  It is the same as the comment appearing at the top of this page.)

 The content of my blog posts is eclectic, reflecting my thoughts, observations, or reflections of the moment.  Overall the focus is on helping readers navigate the world with a few more insights and resources.  I maintain current links in the posts so that people can get back to source information.

It is a business and a personal post in that many of the topics are business related and all are influenced by my personal reflection, experience, and sense of values.  This is post number 224 and I expect to turn the posts into a book soon.  The question is, should I wait for a year of posts or do it earlier?  I also need a way to organize the posts by themes and to make sure that the links remain alive in the electronic version of the book I expect to publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.