Monday, February 1, 2010

Marketing on eBay--Products, Services, Combination

Exploring how to market my consulting services on eBay has led me to believe that it will be easier to divide the marketing into three components--products, services, and a combination of the two. 

Much of eBay is devoted to buying and selling products.  For this I need a quality product like an eBook or a questionnaire--something I would market and deliver electronically.  While consulting services are marketed on eBay, that is so far a very specialized market.  What may work best is a combination of an information product and an introductory service associated with the product.

I already have a PayPal account and am registered as a seller on eBay.  There is very little I need to change to get ready.  I am exploring a seven step process--answering questions for each of the seven steps--to get organizations ready to work with trusted advisors.  Now I have to determine how to convert the process into an information product which I can market on eBay and allow people to find out more about the consulting services I offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.