Friday, February 26, 2010

Turbo Tax Makes Filing Taxes in the USA Less Taxing

This is tax season in the USA--nearing the time to file Income Tax returns at the Federal and State levels.  I've been using Intuit's TurboTax for years and have found it to be an invaluable aid--assuring accuracy, offering Audit Defense, and asking me relevant tax questions, then providing expert help as needed.

I file taxes for Meta Corp (of NV) as well as personal income tax returns for myself and my mother.  I purchase the Business and Home and Business versions of TurboTax and it covers all of my needs, including the state taxes for filing personal income tax in Illinois.

In 2009 I started a new business, DrM-Resources.  In preparing my tax returns I had to look at the two businesses I am running and to identify the relevant business codes for each--making sure that both were not sharing the same code.  Joelmonty.net, my consulting business, uses business code 541600 (Management and Technical Consulting Services).  DrM-Resources, largely an Internet publishing and Educational Support Services business, uses business code 611000 (Education Services--Education Support Services). 

Both services are interrelated, though the codes distinguish particulars.  The good news is that Turbo Tax helps me keep everything straight--along with the other components of my taxes.  My mother, at age 95, has tax issues related to retirement income and medical expenses.  TurboTax comes through for us there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.