Monday, February 8, 2010

Workforce Training Needs Survey

In his State of the Union address on January 27, 2010, President Barack Obama mentioned that he wants to revitalize the nation's Community College system.  Job creation and getting the unemployed back to work is a priority for President Obama's administration.  Community Colleges have long been working partners in community education, workforce development, and job training.

In July, 2009, I began a pilot project to administer a Workforce Training Needs Survey at the Kiswaukee Community College District in Northern Illinois.  I was not affiliated with any other organization in starting this project.  I earned my doctorate in adult education and human resource development from Florida International University in 1992 and have been involved in designing this type of needs survey and collecting and processing survey results for years.

I offered my services, free of charge, to several Chambers of Commerce and to city governments in the community college district and two people joined me in working on the first half of the survey.  After July, 2009, I no longer had the free time to support the project.  I continued to develop the survey and have now made it available for purchase on eBay.

Organizations which purchase and use the survey are entitled to preferred pricing on many of the DrM-Resources services I provide in support of this survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.