Saturday, August 29, 2009

What do I really want to be doing now and five years from now?

What do I really want to be doing now and five years from now?  For the last 40+ years I have been doing the same thing--though for different people and organizations and in ways that have continued to evolve and change and improve.  (See the stories pages on the title link.)

I make a difference in the world by helping people and organizations learn to change to improve their quality of (business) life now and for the future.

I did that while working in the U.S. Army for ten years, then as a management consultant, then as a college professor and teacher, and as an organizational change consultant in my own businesses and while working for consulting firms.  Along the way I learned to reflect on what I am doing and to capture it in writing so that I can share best practice and research.

I enjoy doing that for businesses and for individuals, for adults  and for children, for entire communities and for school systems and colleges and universities.  After 40+ years, I am very, very good at it.

Along the way I have earned a doctorate and two masters degrees and have worked with more than 100 organizations in more than 16 separate industries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.

I have worked with thousands of individuals ranging in age from 6 months (babies learning to swim) to more than 90 years (adult learners learning to do new things for themselves).  I have done this work in English, Spanish, Italian, and French.  In some cases English was the only common language the students had in my sessions.

I have done this in one-on-one settings as a performance coach, in small group workships, in large group workshops, and in classes ranging in size from six or eight students to more than 300.

I like what I do and am always looking for more opportunities to do it with new people.  I plan to be doing this five years from now as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.