Sunday, August 23, 2009

Getting Read--RSS Feeds--Why Promote a Blog?

Why would I want anyone else to read this blog?  What difference could it make?  What is an RSS (Real Simple Syndication) link and service.  Why should I promote this blog?

Those were questions I answered for myself before starting this blog.  I do want others to read the blog posts.  I write things I think are important memory joggers or insights that I want to share with others who may want to read them.  One way to make that an easy process--for people to get the updates--is to have people subscribe to and RSS feed--Real Simple Syndication.  I've just added the "gadget" to this blog to make it easy for people to subscribe to posts, comments, or both.  http://www.bloglines.com is a good source for managing subscriptions.  This allows readers or "followers" of the blog to be notified automatically when something changes on the blog.

So, why should I promote the blog?  One of my goals is to make a positive difference in the world--for everyone I contact and touch.  This is another way to reach out and touch someone.  These reflections, ideas, and insights I have found to be valuable in my own life and I want to share them with others who may want to read them.  Could it help for my business?  Perhaps, if someone who needs the kinds of things I offer and begins to trust me by reading my blog posts, they can find ways to contact me and we can do business.

I have had the same goal for 40+ years as a professional, to make a positive difference in the world by helping people and organizations learn to change in order to improve their quality of (business) life now and for the future.  Want to help me do this?  Subscribe to my blog via an RSS feed and share it with others.

I don't have many comments to my blog posts yet, though some friends care enough to read my blogs and to give me feedback--including finding some typographical errors I can come back and correct.  Thanks for the feedback and corrections, by the way.  Part of delivering value is to have the blogs spelled correctly and make sense.

While I am fluent in more languages than English, I write better in English, so the blog posts are in my native language.  My apologies and congratulations to English language learners (ELLs) who have learned to read English as a second (or additional) language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.