Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mac vs PC--Marketing at the Apple Store

Mac vs PC takes on a new dimension at the Apple Store on North Michigan Avenue in Chicago.  I went there with two friends today for a series of workshops on how to work with the Macintosh computers, the iPhone, and the iPod Touch.  While there I received free tech support at the iPod bar (across from the "Genius" bar) regarding using Netlibrary with iTunes.

The workshops, also free, provided a good introduction into how to work with the Macintosh and its integrated programs.  I first worked on an Apple computer in 1979 and have always been "addicted" to the Macintosh while working with multiple PCs.

The advent of the iPhone, the iPod Touch, and the latest generation of Macintosh computers and Snow Leopard are moving me to return to the Macintosh at last.  I have recommended the Mac to friends and family just getting started on computers and have consistently found that they enjoy their computer experience tremendously working on the Macintosh.

A few years ago I flew with an Apple executive from California to Chicago and almost switched then.  My problem at the time was that I had too much invested in software that only ran on a PC.

With the new Macintosh programs, those issues have largely faded into the woodwork.  I enjoy my iPod Touch (3Gs, 32GB) and look forward to getting an iPhone (3Gs, 32GB or 64GB) in the near future.  Shortly after that I expect to transition to a MacBook Pro laptop and, later, an iMac with a 27-inch flat screen display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.