Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Language Tests, Language Practice, Language Learning and Review

In previous posts I have talked about the importance of maintaining second language proficiency.  Today I ordered some DVD movies in Italian from WalMart.com and was watching another DVD movie in Spanish that I had ordered from Netflix.  I have also been watching several DVD movies in French--some from my own library and some from Netflix.

I received a call today concerning a business opportunity I had applied for on October 29, 2009.  Today was the first I had heard about that application.  In the next few days I need to take a battery of tests in Spanish to compete for the position.

I had signed-up for the online language program to review my French and will now be reviewing my Spanish grammar while watching DVD movies in Spanish. 

It is amazing how many business opportunities can come forward when second-language proficiency is attained and maintained.  I am happy that practice is as enjoyable as watching DVD movies in the target languages and that these DVD movies are so readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.