Saturday, November 21, 2009

Language Exams Preparation and Public Libraries

I am preparing for a comprehensive examination in Spanish that I expect to be taking in a few days.  While I am bilingual and have studied Spanish for six years, it has been a long time since I reviewed Spanish grammar and irregular verbs.  These days I normally relax into Spanish and engage in conversations.

Today I went to the St Charles Public Library and checked-out several review books and CDs for Spanish language.  I also picked-up two novels in Spanish, one in an audio book and a companion book--both unabridged and another in both Spanish and English.  Because I will need to be translating English into Spanish, part of my preparation will be to listen to an unabridged audio book in English and to read it in Spanish at the same time.

Fortunately for me, the public library had all of these resources.  I am also watching DVD movies in Spanish--and sometimes in English--and am taking advantage of the Spanish language learning program I have subscribed to online.

While I do not know what will be on the battery of tests in Spanish I will be facing soon, my immersion in the language and its grammar will undoubtedly help me do better than not taking the time to become immersed in the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.