Friday, November 20, 2009

Coincidence--Serendipity--Celestine Prophecy--Opening our Awareness--Goals and Intentions

I had a chance to go to downtown Chicago today and took a Metra train from La Fox to Ogilvie Transportation Center.  On the train ride, a person sat across from me--coming to the train from another stop along the way.  For about fifteen minutes prior to arrival in downtown Chicago we engaged in a conversation that made me remember some of the "insights" documented in James Redfield's Celestine Prophecy.

Coincidence and serendipity are some of the first "insights" James Redfield introduces in his book.  I had been trying to find some information regarding credit for prior military service in employment by the federal government.  The person sitting across from me was a U.S. Attorney and just celebrated his 31st anniversary in that position yesterday.

Not only was he able to answer the questions I could not get answers to yesterday, he was also able to give me insights into federal employment including two opportunities I have been working on for more than a month.

I took that train to be on time for my downtown meetings and had arranged to go with two friends who also had business in downtown Chicago.  Another part of the "coincidence" was that we all arrived at the train station early and took the 7:01AM train rather than the 7:16AM train.  Had we arrived a few minutes later we would have missed that opportunity.

I went downtown for two meetings.  My intention was to build business for myself during my visit to Chicago and my goals were to introduce some business relationships in these two meetings.  I was able to accomplish that intention and those goals.  Along the way I found out how to use my AT&T wifi service using my iPod Touch in downtown Chicago.

The very best part of my visit was the fifteen-minute conversation with the U.S. Attorney just before arriving in Chicago.  We were both open to chat and to share about ourselves.  This led to having my questions answered and having more insight into the government positions I am exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.