Friday, December 18, 2009

Thanks, Charlie, You've Made a Difference in My Life and Mom's 95th Birthday

Tonight is "offically" Charles Gibson's final night on ABC World News.  I have been watching Charlie on ABC for more than 20 years--he's been in the business for 34 years and I'm sure I saw some of his earlier programs as well.

Somehow I felt I could trust Charlie Gibson and felt good having him in my living room (or wherever) on Good Morning America, ABC World News, and the many other programs.  He has made me an observer with him at turning points in U.S. history--such as the inaguration of President Barack Obama.

He has felt like a real friend, though I have never met nor spoken to him in person.  I will miss him.  I especially liked the team of Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer on ABC--for several years on Good Morning America.  It's interesting that Charlie left Good Morning America to take over ABC World News after the death of Peter Jennings.  Now Diane has left Good Morning America to take over ABC World News as Charlie retires.  I wish him well in his retirement and hope to see him doing what he loves.

Thanks, Charlie,
You have made a difference in my life and I appreciate you.

Speaking of Making a Difference in My Life,

Today is my mother's 95th birthday, born December 18, 1914.  Happy Birthday, Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.