Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Non-toxic Dentistry and Health Maintenance

My mother and I had our six-month check-up at our non-toxic dentist--Dr. Marcia Basciano, with offices in Downers Grove, IL.  The organization IAOMT has recognized Dr. Basciano as a Master in their fellowship.

I first heard about "biological dentists" when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2001 (on 9/11/2001, to be exact).  In my research, I learned that most men with prostate cancer had an undiagnosed dental infection draining into the immune system and lowering our ability to fight off cancer.  I did some research, made some phone calls, and found Dr. Janet Stopka as the closest biological dentist to where I lived in the Chicago suburbs.  Dr. Stopka and Dr. Basciano shared offices at that time.  About one year ago Dr. Stopka moved her practice to an office in Palos Heights, IL--about one hour of driving time beyond Dr. Basciano's office.  Both are active in the IAOMT.

These doctors have made a commitment to keep toxic materials out of the body and help patients remove old fillings with mercury and other dental materials that are toxic.

Dr. Stopka found a half-finished root canal in 2001 that had been draining into my immune system for many months.  She went-in and cleaned everything up.  I have been going to this office since 2001 and my Mom started going in 2003.

Today was a good day, we both had cleanings and no cavities.  It is extremely important to keep checking on dental health and hygiene because of their impact on the immune system and quality of life.  Members of the IAOMT are committed to be non-toxic and I have been very successful in working with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.