Friday, May 13, 2011

Moving Out of Census Daze

As you will have noticed by now, I have posted infrequently on this blog for almost a year--this after almost a year of daily blogs.

I was involved with Census 2010 as a bilingual (Spanish) enumerator and as an Office Operations Supervisor for a suburb west of Chicago.  Census 2010 consisted of a series of operations and each operation could have separate staffing.  I was involved with Census 2010 from March, 2010 through the end of March, 2011, and was scheduled to participate in a final operation during May and June, 2011.  

The Census geared their temporary employees based on geography--wanting people to work in their local area.  Fortunately for the area in which I live, there was little to do in the final operation and no one from this area was hired.  For my area, Census 2010 and its follow-up activities are over.  (The U.S. Census Bureau has ongoing operations--Census 2010 was the Decennial Census.)
The Census believes strongly in protecting privacy and Census employees agree to terms of employment that include a $250,000 fine and up to five years of imprisonment for disclosing personal proprietary information (PPI).  That had a lot to do with not keeping up with posting.  I had several months between operations.  I took some of that time reviewing my earlier blog posts and am in the process of turning them into a book.

My focus and efforts are now in reaching out through the Internet to share my experience and insights as a global learning and change navigator.  Visit my new blog at http://www.JoelMonty.Info/blog/.  

You can also see more of what I'm up to these days on my Facebook Fan Page for JoelMontyPresents.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog shortly.